The Services We Offer
A lot of thought has gone into the service we offer
so we will explain how it works:
- If you come over to look at farms, we meet you at
the airport in Winnipeg. All we need to know is the
flight number and time of arrival. You also have the
option of the Brandon Air Shuttle, which runs from
the airport to Brandon.
- We can book you into a hotel or motel. But more and
more of our clients are booking the hotels themselves
as part of their "Manitoba experience".
- We will take you to see the farms which interest
you. Not only our listings, as already stated, we
also co-operate with all other companies in Manitoba,
and show their farms as well.
- We will take you to see other farmers who immigrated
from the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- If you decide to offer for a farm, we would make
it subject to certain conditions, which would protect
you, some of them as follows:
- That you obtain immigration for yourself and family,
- That you can sell the farm or property you own
in the U.K. or Ireland
Any financing you need in Canada can be arranged
- For grain farms:
- fall work to be done by vendor
- All grain to be removed from bins in crop
- Last 3 years crop rotation give to purchaser
- When animals are involved:
- All animals to be in good health
- 2 weeks supply of ration and a months supply
of fodder be included in purchase price
- With dairy: quota to be filled 95% at closing,
50% of cattle to be in calf, and barn to be
passed by dairy inspector
- In all deals that there is quantity and quality
- That the vendor be available for free consultation
for one month after possession
- That all equipment be in working order at possession
- If an offer by you is accepted by a Vendor, then
his farm is taken off the market for a period of not
less than six (6) months, as immigration laws demand
this. Therefore, your possession date must be at least
six (6) months from the date your offer is accepted.
On your return to the U.K., you will need to send
a deposit, usually five percent (5%) of the purchase
price. The timing of this is, of course, negotiable.
The deposit would earn you interest until the possession
- If any of the conditions could not be met, then
your deposit plus interest earned would be returned
to you. This would mean that all you would stand to
lose if you had to borrow the deposit in the U.K.
would be the difference between what you were paying
and what it could be invested at here.
- We can offer you a service second to none. A combination
of professionalism, accounting and tax knowledge,
and farming expertise. Having immigrated to Manitoba
ourselves we know the pitfalls of going through that
process, what to bring with you, what works and what
doesn't. Always remember, when going through an undertaking
of this magnitude, it's good to have a professional
at your side!